Happening in 2022
Lots of things to look forward to in 2022! Now that restrictions have been lifted in Sweden, several concerts which have previously been cancelled will finally be happening:
- Chaplin Songs, for soprano, choir, and orchestra will be given its premiere in the fall with the Swedish Radio SO, Radio Choir, and soprano Camilla Tilling. There will be a additional performances of this piece by the Gävle SO and the Helsingborg SO during the 2022/23 season.
- SovaVaken, a children’s opera commissioned by the Swedish Royal Opera, will be given its premiere on the 6 August in Parkteatern. The lead roles will be sung by Jessica Elevant and Ulrika Skarby. During the fall it will be toured by Riksteatern.
- On 28 January, Razed will be premiered at the Palladium in Malmö by Swedish string orchestra Musica Vitae.
- Also being premiered in the spring is The Vein Bleeds Silver for solo violin. This Swedish Radio commission will be given its first performance by violinist Johan Dalene.
- Most of 2022 will be spent working on the upcoming chamber opera Andefabriken. Commissioned by Vadstena-Akademien, the premiere is set for the summer of 2023.